Lady health visitors (LHVs), as a specific cadre of health care provider, have existed in Pakistan since 1951. They provide a variety of services to urban and rural communities, including basic nursing care, maternal child health services, and training of community workers.
Scope of the course
- Lady health visitors are playing a great role in Pakistan for guiding the females about their healthcare issues.
- They guide the females about different methods of family planning.
- LHVs work for maternal health at grass root level.
- They provide the medical treatment for common diseases.
- They also guide the females about prevention of common diseases.
- LHVs ensure that new born children are provided with immunization facility.
- Health , maternal and newborn health
- Body parts and functions
- Infection prevention
- Health education and communication
- Pregnancy, its complications and Ante-Natal Care (ANC)
- Labour and childbirth, its complications and skilled care during labour
- Newborn and infant health
- Puerperium and Post Natal Care (PNC)
- Preparing of professional practice
Nursing Examination Board of Punjab, Pakistan Nursing Council
The duration required to complete this degree is 2 year.
We follow annual system of education
45% Marks in Matric (Science group with Biology) or F. Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent